- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For 1998 and newer Fords there is no way to program a new Transponder key unless you have two already programmed keys. 1998 and older you could do this in about three minutes. This one has to be hooked up to a scanner.
Now if you do have two keys already programmed then follow these steps.
Insert first programmed key in the ignition.
Turn the ignition to start (run) for two seconds and back to off. The ignition should stay on for at least one second.
Remove that key and within 10 seconds stick the second programmed key into the ignition. Turn the ignition to start (run) for two seconds and back to off. The ignition should stay on for at least one second.
Remove the key.
Now insert the key needing to be programmed into the ignition (within 20 seconds) and turn the ignition to start (run) for two seconds and then back off.
The security light will light up for 3 seconds indicating the key is now programmed.
Now wait a couple minutes before starting your car and your done.
If you have any comments please feel free to leave them here.
the first thing to do is to use penrating oil to lubricate the key barrel if the please replace the ignition swicth assemble,remove the steering column cover by a metal screw then remove the cover and remove the screw from the cylinder barrel remove the ignition swicth assemble then replace with a new one
on the left side of barrel, look for a dowel, there should be a vary small opening that you can take something as small as a pinhead and push the dowel in ,while pushing in on dowel pull the barrel out.the key may need to also be in on position for removal. try that and see if it works. if not please repost your question. thank you for choosing fixya.com
If your old key has a chip in it,then the dealer ship will have to code it.If not,try relearning the key to the ignition,turn the key on,leave it on 10 minutes,then turn it off,and right back on,do this three times,a total of thirty minutes,if this was at all helpful,please rate,thank you.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position until step 8.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder) Leave key in the ignition cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless remote and hold unitl the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the keyless remote has been successfully programmed. This may take approximately 15 seconds.
10. Perform the previous step (9) to program up to four keyless remotesm, including any old ones.
Ok it sounds like you need to remove the key in ignition buzzer switch. Then under that you will find a screw to remove. Once the screw is out you should be able to remove the ignition lock cylinder. I hope this helps. If you have aditional questions please ask as high ratings here are very important to me.
If the battery is dead, the ignition keys will not release from the ignition. If there is no signal from the transmission shifter that it's in park since the battery is dead, then the ignition lock will not release the keys. After charging the battery or jumping the blazer to start it and the key's still will not release, try this.
There is a "plunger" as part if the ignition. Under the steering wheel there is a small removable cap that you can take off and put a small screw driver up into and press the plunger in and it will release the key. Good luck and hope this helps, Keep me posted be glad to help.