I have a ford focus 2000 the checkligth is on the cods showmi is po760 can yu heolp mi what is the problem please
Unfortunately, this generation Ford Focus was known to have common auto transmission issues and this code relates to a shift solenoid circuit (there are 6 electric solenoids inside your automatic gearbox). These solenoids are responsible for the shifting behaviour of your automatic transmission.
Trouble Code P0760 = SSC (Shift Solenoid "C") Solenoid Circuit Failure .
SSC circuit fails to provide voltage drop across solenoid. Circuit open or shorted or PCM driver failure during on-board diagnostic. Not all gears present.
This repair is very simple:
The malfunction has ocurred in solenoid "C" circuit, so it will require someone to:
1) Raise front of vehicle and stabilise on suitable axle stands or ramp.
2) loosen transmission pan cover bolts and undo one side of the transmission pan cover only, just enough to drain the trans fluid into a suitable container.
3) once fluid is drained, undo remaining bolts on pan and remove pan from trans
4) all 6 solenoids should be visible - locate Solenoid C. Unplug wiring and test the solenoid with a multimeter to determine if solenoid is within factory spec (you'll need Ford's solenoid spec's to do this).
5) if solenoid C is not to specification, then remove from single bolt holding the solenoid in place and replace with a new solenoid (approx. USD $60 from Ford).
6) Putting pan back on must be done with careful attention as follows:
i) clean the surfaces of the pan & transmission carefully, without damaging any surfaces.
ii) using liquid RTV gasket maker, spread a thin bead along the edge of the pan - just enough to seal the pan, without spilling into the transmission casing.
iii) refit pan and torque down all bolts. Allow the liquid RTV to cure properly (as per intructions on tube).
iv) once RTV has cured, refill transmission with new FORD approved trans fluid (do not use non specified fluid). You will get an idea how much fluid you'll need, compared to the amount drained.
v) Fill up with 75% of the required fluid to begin with - just enough to allow idling of the engine for further checking.
vi) run engine at idle to warm up transmission.
vii) when warm, move gear selector through all gears, then rest lever in Neutral.
viii) check fluid level with dipstick - add approx. 1 cup of additional fluid at a time, until you reach the correct level.
To ensure the pan is sealed correctly, check for trans fluid leaks under the vehicle, during the following week.
Hope this helps....
Nov 01, 2011 |
2000 Mercury Sable