Park the vehicle on a level surface, with the fuel tank about 1 / 2full and with the vehicle empty of all extra cargo (unless normallycarried). The vehicle should be facing a wall which is no less than 6feet (1.8m) high and 12 feet (3.7m) wide. The front of the vehicleshould be about 25 feet from the wall:
Fig. The head light alignment adjusters are located on the backof the assembly. Access holes are provided as necessary-2.0L Passat GLSmodel shown
- If aiming is to be performed outdoors, it is advisable to waituntil dusk in order to properly see the headlight beams on the wall. Ifdone in a garage, darken the area around the wall as much as possibleby closing shades or hanging cloth over the windows.
- Turn the headlights ONand mark the wall at the center of each light's low beam, then switchon the brights and mark the center of each light's high beam. A shortlength of masking tape which is visible from the front of the vehiclemay be used. Although marking all four positions is advisable, markingone position from each light should be sufficient.
Head lamps are adjusted from above. Do the following:
1. Open the hood
2. Look on top by the head lamps you should see two service holes (oneouter and one inner) where you will see a plastic adjustment screwwhich requires a hexagon wrench or a flathead screw driver that fits. Note the outer alignment screw is the hole located on top eg. driver side head lamps outter being the hole on the right side. innerbeing the alignment screw located in the hole on the left side of thedriver side head lamp assembly.
3. Lateral adjust/ horizontal adust is the right side hole.(which way to turn I've forgotten try incremental trial and error tilyou determine which way is left and which way is moving the beam to theright)
4. Vertical adjust is the adjustment screw located on theleftside of driver side headlamps assembly from above. turn counterclockwise to raise and clockwise to drop. its been awhile so i'm notquite sure .
5. Passenger side lateral and vertical adjust is symetrical. rememberoutter hole from above is lateral adjust and inner hole to the right inthis case for passenger side is vertical adjust.
More details: http://www.ehow.com/how_112704_adjust-headlights.html
Goodluck (remember rated this help).