Question about Suzuki Swift
A quick check of the thermostat and the fan would be:
1. IGN switch to ON (but don't start the car);
2. remove the connector from the thermostat and short it to any exposed metal of the chassis/ground.
3. if the fan works, the thermostat maybe be defective;
4. if the fan does not work, there definitely would be a relay or a fuse that likewise has to be checked;
5. there are some wiring provisions that the fan will only work if the A/C is engaged/activated.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2014 | 1991 Toyota Camry
Dec 01, 2012 | 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Coupe
Oct 31, 2012 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2011 | 1987 Porsche 944
Jul 06, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 24, 2011 | 1993 Toyota Camry V6
Apr 11, 2011 | Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Cars & Trucks
Sep 09, 2010 | 2001 Honda Civic
Jun 20, 2010 | 2002 Saturn Sl
Oct 15, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: