Question about 2000 Mazda 626
If I remove the hub assembly, how do I remove the bearing and race from the front drivers side? Is it pressed in or is there a retaining ring?
When you buy the replacement wheel bearing it comes as a sealed unit. This is why they're called hub assemblies.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 01, 2011 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Oct 28, 2010 | 2001 Hyundai Sonata
Oct 15, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 26, 2010 | 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jul 28, 2010 | 1991 Nissan Pickup
Oct 19, 2009 | 1991 Subaru Loyale
Jun 23, 2009 | 1985 Nissan Stanza
May 13, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
Mar 08, 2009 | 1993 Saturn SL2
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!