99 ford exploer When i turn on the a/c i smell somthing burning coming threw the vents when turnd off no smell i turned i back on a gine and the smell whent away but now my heater and ac has no high fan other that that everting works
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Burning smell when ac is turn on
Well as for the ford man sorry to here that. I am a holden man myself, but it is most likly that your fan switch is on its way out if you have a test light just pop the switch out and see if you have power to your high setting if not replace your switch. And for mgauthier I would suggest you just reroute your overflow pipe so it overflows onto the ground not onto hot metal parts. But you shouldn't have coolant coming out your overflow all the time. As for burning smell it was probably the switch burning out and failing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have an accredited ac shop as an ac cannot produce hot air only cold air so that means that the ac is not working (leaks low on gas etc). The hot air is from the heater in the car and the smell is probably wire overheating or the resistors are burning.
the bearing in the blower motor is going out causing the noise and the smell is coming from the blower motor. the parts house will give you the right blower motor for your vehicle make and model and engine size.