Question about 2000 Audi A4
I just recently purchased a used 2000 Audi A4 and I can not get the radio to work. I know that the battery was just replaced on the car before I bought it, so I was thinking that I just needed to put the radio card code back into the car but nothing happens when I press the on/off switch. The word safe does not appear on the screen....nothing appears on the screen. Please help!
I have a couple of answers for different problems... here
1. to the user who has nothing on the display...
ANSWER: check your fuses etc... treat it like a bad radio... check you wires for connection...
2. To the user who has the ability to put the code in and has tried it two of the three times...
If are able to you read a manual you will feel more secure as: it is not a permanent "locking" of the radio (if you try three times and all are failed attempts...) either wait the typical hour and retry, or disconnect it from the power....reconnect it AND then retry at will..
When all else fails ... GO to the dealership...
as long as you havent stolen the radio...
For the most part the dealership will charge you nothing...
If they have to "pull" your radio to see the radio Vin number they charge 15 bucks...
but if they dont .. I think they will help you reset your car radio for nothing... in hopes you will return for further service!
Best to you!
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
I agree with Guest - he's got all the info straight.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Do you have the user manual in the car? I am taking it you don't. Right to fix the problem, working on the previso that the previous owner didn't enter the wrong code that is.
Firstly make sure the key is in the ignition but you do not need to switch the engine on, but the the dashboard light & radio needs to be illuminated.
On the radio hold down the TP & RDS buttons together until the 'Safe' disappears. Then using buttons 1245, enter the code. You will need to press each of the button several times each until the correct code appears. Then hold the TP & RDS buttons again briefly. Do not press the buttons down for too long.
If however, this doesn't work, it means a wrong code was enter 3x previously and you will need to reset the system. To do this, you will need to be patient as you need to leave the key in the ignition for one hour until the SAFE disappears. Then do as above.
The way to tell if the wrong code appears is that you will see the number 1 in the top left of the radio display for each time a code has been entered.
Good luck. If it helps I write from experience and I am now happily listening to my radio etc again.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for yours Audi Concert radio from the car manufacturer! For Audi Concert the sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Please rate my response. Thanks!
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
sorry to say, you will need to take it in, it needs to be hooked up to their computer to reset and have it start up poperly. It just like a pc when it crash it will try to start in safe mode until you select "Normal" start up
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2014 | 2000 Audi A4
Jun 04, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
Apr 28, 2010 | 1999 Audi A4
Mar 14, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
Feb 18, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
May 14, 2009 | 1996 Audi A4
Nov 19, 2008 | 2000 Audi A4
5,023 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!