I have a 2000 X Plate Passat 1.8 20v SE non turbo i only have one ignition key and the master key the key remote will open the car but every time i try to start the car it runs for about 10 seconds and flashes immobiliser activated can you tell me why and do i need to re programme my key or something if so how do i do it please ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1999 VW Passat Turbo 1.8 has ignition wires and coils. Are you having misfire issues? It could also be the injectors. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Car Key Programmer
Programming When Key added or replaced. System malfunction. How -
98MY Keys can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. How - 99MY
Switch ignition ON. Insert key to be programmed into driver's door lock. Lock vehicle manually. Press lock or unlock button. Wait at least 1 second. Press lock or unlock button again. Vehicle horn sounds to indicate correct programming. Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment
Above is how to re-programme a replacement key/remote
put the key in lock and unlock/hold key over.windows will go down,then lock/hold key over windows will go up/sunroof will close(if fitted),then press and hold unlock button on remote for 30 secs,you have just reset the immobiliser........
I have the same problem kinda. Lost my master key and sent my ecu off with a home made 2 button key to program immobiliser. This key works to start the engin and drive but I cannot get the key to program with the alarm and locking system. You can try the following steps as may work for you.
I can get my car into programming mode after step 1 but step 2 does not work for me. The locks do not go off at all, not once or twice. Battery in remote key is fine as LCD lights red.
Can anyone help please?
Toyota celica 2000 - 2005 remote keyless entry programming guide STEP 1 1. Key out of the ignition. Open the drivers door , all other doors are closed . Driver door is unlocked
2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds a. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) take key out b. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) take key out
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Close and then open the drivers door. b. Close and then open the drivers door. c. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) and pull it out.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Close and then open the drivers door. b. Close and then open the drivers door.
c. Close drivers door. d. Insert the key into the ignition and leave it in the ignition. Turn the ignition to on (as far as you can go without turning the engine over ), then back to off . e. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
STEP 2 (Does not work for me)
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 2 seconds b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.
i had the same probem,[try this] you need 2 remote keys,put 1 key in the drivers door get in the car and close the door put the other key in the ignition press and hold down the open option on the key then turn on the ignition lights [do not start] hold the button for 30 seconds turn off ignition get out of car remove door key and that should solve the problem,pete please let me know if this works]
if u have an electronic key than security codes from ur key must be programmed into the ecu to match-- most ecu change overs on cars usually require a trip to the dealer so they can install their programming most auto shops dont have the funds to, or customer base to spend thousands [every auto maker has their own software and update and change every year]-- every year on reprogramming software for ecu-- they may do only 1 or 2 a year
2000 Mazda 626
Note:Make SURE the battery is new. Instructions for programming ONE keyless remote fob. 1.Open the driver’s door & leave open. 2.Insert the key in the ignition. 3.Turn the key to the on and off position 3 times. 4.Remove the key from the ignition. 5.After door open chime stops, press the door open button 3 times. 6.After chime, press any fob key twice. 7.After second chime, press any fob key twice again. 8.After third chime, press any fob key twice again. 9.Press the door open button once. 10.The car should give another acknowledgement chime. 11.Test key fob. This DOES work. I just programmed mine successfully today, three hours ago.