When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel.......
When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel....... how do you set the timing, i can't find a mark on the pump.
3 years ago.
Medium and Heavy Trucks
Share this conversation
125 Satisfied Customers
Expert: tkman55 replied 3 years ago.
Let me see if I can help you with your problem. Please don't rate me until all your questions are answered, that way you will not have to pay twice. Always use "Reply To Expert" link. Thanks.
If you are new to the site this is how it works:
1. We will go back and forth as needed until you get the help you need, there will be no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible information without actually being physically present with you.
3. Remember to leave a positive rating after we are finished.
Disassembly & Inspection
- 1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove injection tubes from nozzles and plug nozzles. Remove fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Disconnect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Remove injection pump drive gear cover. Mark injection pump shaft and gear for proper alignment during reassembly.
- 2. Loosen injection pump drive gear nut and remove gear. Remove injection pump bolts and nuts. Remove injection pump with injection tubes attached.
For disassembly, inspection and reassembly procedures for injection pump or injectors, see DISASSEMBLY & REASSEMBLY in Fuel System article.
- 1. Turn engine until No. 1 piston is at TDC on compression stroke. Install injection pump assembly. Install injection pump gear so that flange is aligned with mark on front cover. See Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. . Install gear nut and tighten to 43-51 Ft. Lbs. (59-69 N.m). Tighten injection pump fixing bolts. See INJECTION PUMP MOUNTING TORQUE table. Tighten injection pump to mounting bracket bolts.
- 2. Install injection pump gear cover with new gasket. Connect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Connect fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Connect injection tubes to nozzles. Tighten tube flare nuts to 14-18 Ft. Lbs. (20-25 N.m).
- 3. Connect negative battery terminal.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/medium-and-heavy-truck/746q8-when-installing-new-fuel-pump-ud-truck-1400-1994-desiel.html#ixzz3nAToQQfC