Question about 1999 GMC Jimmy
The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere).
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140 08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
09. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
I hope this helps
This came from:
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
May 05, 2015 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2014 | 2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class
Feb 15, 2013 | Hyundai Motor 2003 Elantra
Oct 01, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Sep 27, 2012 | Ford Laser Cars & Trucks
May 05, 2010 | 2007 Mercedes-Benz ML320 CDI
417 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: