Question about 1998 Honda Accord
I have a code 1457 how do I resolve it? anybody....
There are five thing to check
1. Gas Cap if it does not seal you will get this code
2. canister vent shut off value under the hood right side (2 wire) one with green/white wire going to it
3. 2 way value right side of the gas tank
4. vent pressure senser near the gas tank
5. bypass solenoind next to the 2 way value
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
This is a common problem with these and a few other Honda cars.
The code means "Evap Bypass Solenoid Valve Failure"
The solution is to replace a few parts dealing with the EVAP system.
You can call your local Honda dealer, as there is a TSB (technical service bulletin) on this problem, and it may be covered under warranty.
The TSB number to give them is 03-001.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2016 | 2003 Honda CR-V
May 31, 2014 | 2000 Honda Accord
May 19, 2011 | 1998 Honda Accord
Apr 15, 2010 | 2001 Honda Accord
Mar 23, 2010 | 1998 Honda Accord
Mar 19, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Sep 22, 2008 | 2000 Honda Accord
1,805 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: