Question about 1994 Hyundai Excel
Could you tell me the trick to refitting the rear coils and shockabsorbers back into place , i am having trouble refitting the coil spring and shockie , do you have to compress and bolt up before refitting or do you have to compress the coil spring while it is in place because it is to long and won't fit , Thanks Phil
1. Apply the specified grease to the inside of the left suspension.
2. Using special tools (09555-21100, 09555-21000), drive bushings, into the suspension arm.
1) Apply grease to all outside surfaces of bushings.
2) Drive bushing in until the notch on the special tool
(09555-21000) reaches the end of the suspension arm.
3. When replacing the dust cover, insert a new one up to the center position (stopper) of the right suspension arm.
4. After applying grease to the surface of the right suspension arm, install the rubber stopper.
5. Slowly push the right and left suspension arms together. Wipe away the surplus grease. Align the marks on the stabilizer bar and the stabilizer bar bracket.
6. Install the rubber bushings, fixtures and washers.
7. After aligning the fixtures with the suspension arms according to the alignment marks, loosely tighten the nuts.
1) Install the washers and fixtures in the correct direction
and position as shown.
2) Tighten the nut to specification with the vehicle lowered
to the floor.
8. Pack grease in the dust cover and lips, and secure the dust cover with the clamp.
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2011 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Oct 16, 2010 | 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Apr 18, 2010 | 1992 Hyundai Excel
Mar 13, 2010 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Jan 23, 2010 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Aug 25, 2009 | 1998 Jaguar XJ8L
May 31, 2009 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Jan 08, 2009 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Dec 07, 2008 | Hyundai Motor 1998 Sonata
Aug 26, 2014 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: