Question about 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
The lights got left on and the vehicle was boosted in accordance with the manuals instructions, however now the driver side power windows do not work. you cannot even hear the window motor when you hold the switch.
Yes I had the same problem , the battery died, and I needed to jump start the car.
When I went to open the windows the windows where not working and the power top would not come down. The smart windows got a glitch, no you may not need to go to the dealer for them to reset it.
This is what I did with some experimenting.
1) First charge your battery in the car,
2) disconnect the battery lead to the battery
3) while waiting 5 minutes clean your terminals on battery
4) check your fluids, tire pressure and filter Just for the heck of it
5) reconnect terminals on your battery
6) get in car and gently close the door, the window as you know will be up to high, but this will trick your smart windows to think its in normal position with the door close
7) start your car and hopefully it as booted up to normal.
I did find the first time I did disconnect the battery for a few seconds , this did not work,
it did not clear the memory out of the system.
The other thing was the when I waited 5 minutes the radio station memory was not lost.
Don't rush it,
Good luck and please give me some feed back.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Excellent! Worked Perfectly.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
This worked like a charm!!!! Thank you very much!!
Posted on Mar 18, 2010
Thank you it works great
Posted on Sep 17, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 05, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 18, 2012 | Chrysler PT Cruiser Cars & Trucks
May 01, 2010 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 17, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 04, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Dec 11, 2008 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 14, 2008 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
3,524 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!