Question about 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I imagine you have found it by now but just in case, the fuel pump and filter are mounted on the underside of the frame just ahead of the left rear suspension.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
1. Remove battery terminals and secure them away from the battery posts using nylon wire ties.
1a. Fine some comfortable eye glasses (clear or yellow) and keep them on. There are plenty of opportunities to get debris in your eyes during this procedure.
2. Spray "PB Blaster" (loosens bolts) on two bolts that secures alternator.
3. Jack-up vehicle on side to access alternator. Use a jackstand to support.
4. Using a 10mm open-ended wrench, loosen the bolt that swings the alternator. Screwing the bolt "in" or toward the engine will allow play to increase in the alternator belt. Loosen the 12mm bolt slightly next to the 10mm bolt (approximately 1.5" toward engine).
5. Continue to loosen 10mm bolt until there is enough slack in the belt to remove the belt from the alternator pulley.
6. Remove belt. It may be possible to remove belt without removing fan faring. Maybe not. If not, you will need to remove plastic fairing. If you must remove fair, go below fan fairing and disassemble connectors that hold together pieces of fan fairing. Carefully remove.
7. Install alternator fan from above.
8. Check that alternator belt is on all tracks (from below with a flashlight), and slowly tighten.
9. Secure 10mm and 12mm bolts. Recheck tightness.
10. Reassemble battery connection and run vehicle at idle for about 5 minutes. Check belt for proper tension.
11. CAREFULLY check tension of belt. Or disassemble battery connections and re-check belt tension.
12. Reassemble fan fairing (if not already assembled), re-connect battery terminals, and have a nice day. :-)
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
easy under the driver side need fuel tool from auto store. 30 min or srew driver push the clips in and pull. carefull lots of gas...
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2013 | 1996 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 01, 2011 | 1986 Isuzu Trooper
Feb 14, 2010 | 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
Oct 15, 2009 | 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
Sep 08, 2009 | 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
Aug 27, 2009 | 1986 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 08, 2009 | 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
Dec 02, 2008 | 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2 Door
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: