Question about 1992 Isuzu Amigo
1.The battery negative and more importantly positive cable must be disconnected.
2. There are 2 14mm bolts holding the starter in place, the upper bolt can be removed by leaning over into the engine compartment from under the hood with a socket and extension on a ratchet or a ratcheting wrench.
3. crawl under the front passenger wheel and remove the positive cable nut, remove positive cable from starter.
4. unclip the small ground wire attached to starter.
5. remove the lower starter bolt.
6. There is room on the bottom of the vehicle to wiggle the starter down to the floor and out from under the vehicle. There isn't enough room to get the starter out from the engine compartment up and out from under the hood.
7. installation of new starter is reverse of installation.
This procedure should work on any Isuzu Rodeo, Trooper, Amigo, or Honda Passport with a 2.6L 4 cylinder 4ZE1 engine
Posted on Apr 27, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
not nesessary if you can acces the starter from the wheel well all yo have to do is remove the front wheel and yo can move the dust cover and the starter is right in fornt of you easy accesss!!!
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2013 | 1992 Isuzu Amigo
Sep 10, 2012 | 1998 Isuzu Amigo
Oct 26, 2010 | 1992 Isuzu Amigo
Jul 02, 2009 | 1998 Isuzu Amigo
May 10, 2009 | 1989 Isuzu Amigo
Nov 14, 2008 | 1999 Isuzu Amigo
Apr 10, 2017 | 1992 Isuzu Amigo
Jan 20, 2013 | 1992 Isuzu Amigo
409 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: