Question about 2005 Audi A4
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Posted on Nov 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: auto gearbox
if it has a dip stick under the bonnet you need to have the engine running with the box in neutral then dip the oil
if the engine is warm then it should read around the top mark, if the engine us cold then it should rear around the lower mark
if there is no dip stick then there is no way of checking the level and you will need to drain the box and re fill with the correct ammount through the gearbox breather on the top
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
If you have an 01M 4spd automatic transmission which uses VAG part # G 052 162 A2 ATF only. I'll suggest buy the seal and filter kit from VW and uses 3.2qt when you replace the fluid. Topping off require a different procedure. A VAG 1552 Scan tool is required when correcting the ATF level measured by reading temperature of the fluid.
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
you should have a dip stick under the hood similar to the engine dipstick,normally you check the oil level when the transmission is at normal running temperature with the engine running & the gearshift in PARK or NEUTRAL, but make sure the handbrake is on securely......hope this helps......cheers
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
Testimonial: "thats great thank you "
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2013 | 2003 Acura 3.2TL
on Mar 09, 2010 | Daewoo Lanos Cars & Trucks
Oct 14, 2011 | 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Sep 26, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 10, 2011 | 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 06, 2011 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Feb 20, 2011 | 1992 Honda Accord
Jul 09, 2009 | 1999 Land Rover Range Rover
May 29, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
Nov 25, 2015 | 2005 Audi A4
317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: