Question about 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: cabin Air Filter
Open the glove box
Remove all of the contents in the glove box
On the right side, dis-engage the rod going to the split plastic pin on the glove box door
Squeeze both other sides of the glove box to defeat the stops that keeps the glove box from falling open
Observe the box in the area vacated by letting the glove box drop down, this is the heater box
Locate a rectangular cover (approx 7 " x 2"), it is located on the face of the box; facing you.
Pull this cover out towards you, the cabin air filter is located in the tray that is connected to this rectangular cover.
This should help you replace it.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
The blower speed controller is located under the hood on the right or passenger side on the heater housing just to the side of the heater hoses near the very back of the right cylinder head.
Yes that would cause the concern you are having.
Posted on Feb 05, 2009
I will be happy to provide you with the instructions.
Open the glove box.
Remove all of the contents.
Observe the right side of the glove box door, you will see a black plastic thing/arm that is connected to a cylindrical device; Remove the arm from the glove box door.
After the arm is disengaged from the glove box door. squeeze the sides of the glove box towards the middle, to defeat the 2 stops that prevent the glove box from falling completely open.
Whilst squeezing the sides of the box inward, lower the glove box door down.
With a flashlight, look into the area behind the glove box. You will see a long rectangular device, this is the door/tray for the cabin air filter. Pull it out, towards you. Once it is out, you will be able to extract the dirty filter, and replace it with a new one.
This entire procedure should take you about 3 minutes. Very easy.
Thanks for choosing FIxYa for assistance. A FIxYa rating (4 blue diamonds) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2016 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 24, 2014 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 03, 2012 | 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis
Sep 17, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 24, 2011 | 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
Oct 17, 2010 | 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
Jul 09, 2010 | 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
May 08, 2009 | 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis
Feb 17, 2009 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,996 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: