Question about 2006 Ford Explorer
Try this procedure and let me know if this does not work;
Turn the ignition switch to the "On" position but do not start the engine.
1. Press the Trip/Reset button until "Setup Menu Hold Reset" is displayed.
2. Then press and hold down the Trip/Reset button for approximately 2 seconds until "Reset For System Check" is displayed then release the Trip/Reset button.
3. Then immediately press and hold down the Trip/Reset button again for approximately 2 more seconds until "OIL 100% RESET IF NEW" is displayed then release the Trip/Reset button.
4. Then immediately press the Trip/Reset button once to display "HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL" then release the Trip/Reset button.
5. Then immediately press and hold the Trip/Reset button again for approximately 2 seconds until "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed.
Turn off the ignition switch, and then start the engine to verify that the reset procedure did work, and you might have to repeat the procedure if the Trip/Reset button is not pushed fast enough, or it is not held down long enough, or it is held down too long during the reset procedure, and it may take a few attempts to be successful.
Posted on Nov 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2011 | 2003 Ford Windstar
Oct 20, 2011 | 2003 Buick Century
Dec 31, 2010 | Nissan Sentra Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2010 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 16, 2010 | Dodge Sprinter
Nov 11, 2010 | 2005 Honda Civic
Nov 06, 2010 | 2009 Honda Pilot
Nov 24, 2009 | 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS
Nov 16, 2009 | 1991 Chevrolet Corvette
Jul 12, 2009 | 2005 Toyota Corolla
373 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!