Question about 2001 Dodge Intrepid

2 Answers

Leak I have a leak on a bleeding valve of a 2001 dodge intrepid what is the name of that part so that i can find it to have it replaced?

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • MRosa Jun 17, 2008

    radiator bleeder valve

  • hamptonkk Aug 26, 2008

    My bleeding valve is leaking. What is the correct name of it to have it replaced?

  • Lee A.
    Lee A. May 11, 2010

    Are you talking about a radiator bleeder valve, or a brake bleeder valve?


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Thats a Dealer part only (if its the Coolant Bleeder). Last I checked they DO NOT manufacture the Bleeder "Block" (on which the valve originally resides on the stock bleeder). The new OEM product consists of the block (w/o bleeder valve) and your top coolant piping (which now is manufactured with the beleder valve on it - [on the piping itself]) that runs to the upper radiator hose towards the front of the engine and through the "V" of the block. Count on taking a whole day executing this. But can be done with all DIY hand tools. You will need to disconnect any and all sensors/lines in the way of the intake manifold, as it will have to be taken off while you replace the assembly as a result of Chrysler's wonderful new design for thier bleeder valves for the 2nd gen Intrepids. (Stupid Chrysler)

Posted on Sep 09, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 4,472 Answers

Which engine does your car have? Also its called an Air bleeder valve. You should only have to call your local parts store.

Posted on Jun 17, 2008

  • Lee A.
    Lee A. Jun 17, 2008

    Did you need further assistance? Do you have another question. I am more then happy to assist you. It is not time yet for a thanks for trying. Also if you could answer my questions I would be more able to assist you.


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can I replace my chain tensioneer with out removing valve cover 2.7 intrepid 2001

You also have to remove everything in the front of the engine. Valve cover is just the first thing to come off. You need a manual.

Jul 05, 2016 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

How to repair code po300 on a 2001 dodge intrepid?

Could be one or more of the following: Faulty spark plugs or wires Faulty coil (pack) Faulty oxygen sensor(s) Faulty fuel injector(s) Burned exhaust valve Faulty catalytic converter(s) Stuck/blocked/leaking EGR valve / passages Faulty camshaft position sensor Defective computer

Jan 24, 2015 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Can you just replace the O-rings on a 2001 dodge ram 1500 brake proportioning valve?

A proportioning valve is not servicable. I dont remebmer a bleeder on these. Are you sure you dont mean the master cilinder or the abs unit?

Dec 20, 2014 | Dodge Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid and recently replaced the rear break pads. I've noticed that randomly; while, driving and pressing on the break petal, it sinks in slowly. What can I do to fix the problem?...

Check to make sure that you put brake grease on the back of the pad where it meets the caliper. Also, for the brake petal slowly sinking, this is most likely caused from air in the brake line. Make sure you bleed the brake lines and check for any possible leaks.

Oct 07, 2013 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

How to locate vacuum leak on 2001 dodge intrepid,

use a can of carb cleaner and spray it around the engine while running

Jun 14, 2012 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

What would make coolant come out of top of bleeder valve on water housing on a dodge intrepid 2001 2.7

The same thing happene to me. i just replaced bleeder valve with a bolt. Take your old bleeder valve to hardware or auto parts store to see which type of threading you should get first. Goodluck.

Nov 26, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

I have a hole in my gas line up by where it goes into the injectors in my 97 and what do i need to do to repair or replace it?


Nov 27, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Were is the EGR valve on dodge intrepid 2001

The EGR valve is on the passenger side cylinder head, and it bolts right to the rear part of it. If you remove the upper plenum, its very easy to remove and replace the EGR valve, but it can be done without removing the plenum also.

Hope help with this (remember rated and comment this).

Mar 17, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

What is the procedure for changing coolant in 2001 dodge intrepid

Yes there are bleed screws on the thermostat housing. They look like brake bleeder screws. Open them one at a time while engine is running. open them untill they stream fluid. Leave coolant cap open top coolant as needed.

Jul 12, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Dodge Intrepid Logo

331 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

74311 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22082 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

7244 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides