Question about 2003 Ford Escape
It is an easier way to remove an alternator.
1.-disconnect the battery
2.- take the right side tire off(make sure it is a tower under the car for safety)
3.- diconnect the harnest from the alternator from under the vehicle, and the nut the holds the holds the positive cable too.
4.- use a long extention with a flex socket size 15mm and a ratchet to remove the two bolts from the alternator. This two bolt will have to be remove from under the car.
5.- the last bolt have to be remove from an top of the car. Usiing a mid size flex ratchet and a regular 15mm socket.
6. After the last bolt is removed the alternator will have to be remove from top of the egine.
hope this instructions can help anybody.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
1. disconnect the battery.
2. Remove the right intermediate axle shaft.
3. Remove the right lower splash shield scres and the pin type retainer.
4. rotate the accessory drive belt tensioner clockwise and remove the accessory drive belt.
5. Remove the nut and position the bracket and wiring harness aside.
6. Remove the upper mounting bolts of the generator.
7. Remove the lower generator bolts and position the generator aside.
8. Remove the mounting bracket bolts and remove the backet.
9. Remove the the generator electrical connectors (remove the B+ nut and cable and remove the connector)
10. Rotate the generator to gain clearance, and remove through the opening in the fender well.
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 03, 2015 | 2003 Ford Escape
Dec 20, 2013 | 2004 Ford Escape
Sep 25, 2011 | 2002 Ford Escape
Fig. Alternator mounting-3.0L engine
Sep 26, 2010 | 2002 Ford Escape
Aug 25, 2010 | 2004 Ford Escape
Oct 13, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escape
Sep 24, 2009 | Mazda Tribute Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escape
Aug 13, 2009 | 2004 Ford Escape
Jan 11, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escape
Dec 21, 2015 | 2003 Ford Escape
414 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: