a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Open trunk
2) Remove small round plastic access panel with a flat tip screw driver by prying open
3) Remove flat tip screw holding tail light assembly
4) Remove tail light assembly by pulling outward, careful not to break plastic guide/nub
5) Disconnect wiring connectors
6) Remove plastic housing access plate on back of tail light assembly by twisting/turning tabs until they click and then lift access plate from tail light assembly
7) When viewing the the bulbs, the turn signal bulb is the bottom left bulb
8) Install in reverse order, ensuring tail light seal seats properly during installation
You can't remove the lens cover. The tail lights are molded as one piece. If you want to change the bulbs, there should be an access panel inside the truck box right behind the tail lights that gives you access to the bulbs. There are also screws to remove the entire tail light assembly if it needs replacing.
The two screws hold the rear of the tail light in place. The front of the tail light is held in place by two pins that fit inside two sleeves. After removing the screws, gently rock the lens and pull straight back toward the rear of the car. The pins will slip out of the sleeves and you have access to the bulbs.
Drop the tailgate, on the inside of bed where tailgate closes are couple of screws.These hold the light assembly in the bed. remove the screws, then remove light assembly. The light bulb can be removed from back of the tail light assembly. Check to make sure the lightbulb work before you put the tail light back together. Good luck and hope this helps and don't forget to add some grease to the light socket to prevent corrosion.
First you need to lift the hatch. There are two screws under plastic caps. Remove the caps and you will be able to unscrew these screws. Carefully using a flat screw driver to pry out the tail light assembly. It have to plastic pin that attached to the car body. do not break the pin. After you pry out the tail light assembly, you will be able to replace the light bulb. Replace everything in a reverse order.