Question about BMW 750
Wiper issue, 1999 BMW 740IL:
Wiper intermittently quit working and then went out completely; This is what I have done so far and non of these have fixed the problem:
1. replaced the wiper switch in the steering column;
2. checked all the fuses, they were all good;
3. replaced 2 relay units; (this is all under the advice of BMW mechanic)
4. replaced the motor, checked voltage to the motor—have no 12V going to the motor, but have 5V power leg to maintain zero position on the motor drive;
5. replaced the main module that controls: the wipers, power seats, power windows, steering column, heated seats, ect.
6. pulled passenger side seat, checked 2 main fuses and they were OK.
Could you shed some light on this???
Try checking for a short to power on ur 12 volt comming into motor also check for a good ground at the plug for ur wiper motor
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2015 | 2004 Dodge Ram 2500
Feb 28, 2015 | 1997 BMW 740il
May 04, 2014 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
Mar 16, 2011 | BMW 750 Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2011 | 1997 BMW 7 Series
Jun 05, 2009 | 1999 BMW 5 Series
Jan 04, 2009 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
Nov 26, 2008 | 1998 BMW 7 Series
1,177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: