Question about 1987 Porsche 911
try to check your second fuel pump condition-delivery,but start with checking your fuel pumps relays
it the front trunk.The relasy should be RED not BLACK typeTo change the fuel filter is a good idea,on the filter is a date of manufactured,filter should be replaced one a year.
Posted on Nov 21, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2017 | Chevrolet 1500 Cars & Trucks
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Dec 03, 2013 | 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis
May 13, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Lumina
Feb 18, 2010 | 1984 Honda Civic
Apr 27, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Mar 14, 2009 | 1988 Honda Accord 4 Door
Feb 19, 2009 | 2000 Ford Taurus
Oct 12, 2008 | 2004 Dodge Stratus
Jun 13, 2017 | 1987 Porsche 911
Aug 01, 2012 | 1987 Porsche 911
369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: