Question about 2003 GMC Sierra
1. Turn the ignition to ON do not start.Engine OFF dash board lights ON.
2. Press and release the reset button in the driver information center (DIC) until the OIL LIFE message is displayed.
3. Once the alternating OIL LIFE and RESET messages appear on the DIC display, press and hold the reset stem until several beeps sound. This confirms the OIL LIFE system has been reset.
4. Turn the key to lock. If the CHANGE OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the ENGINE OIL LIFE system has not reset. Repeat the procedure
1. Turn the ignition key to ON with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
3. Turn the ignition key OFF.
4. If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure
I use the second method, it is more universal and it works for Chevy Venture too.
Posted on Nov 06, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2012 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
Jul 24, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
May 31, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Colorado
May 14, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Colorado
Nov 19, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
Jul 15, 2017 | 2003 GMC Sierra
1,150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: