Question about 1997 Honda Accord

Open Question

A plastic hose is hanging down underneath the car, on the passenger side, almost parallel with the front wheel.

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


SOURCE: Broken Plastic underneath car towards front

Bueno, se puede reparar con adhesivo especial. Ademas se puede reforzar con laminas de aluminio que dan rigidez a pieza.

Posted on Sep 26, 2008

  • 6 Answers

SOURCE: Passenger side "clunk" from front wheel while turning

Check your sway bar link kit and sway bar bushing also check control arm on passenger side . It could be one of them , they can make noise if they are worn out . It happened to my car too and I fixed the problem.

Posted on Jan 08, 2009

SOURCE: one wheel wont turn

Turn, I assume you mean turn right and left?

Yes, that arm is likely the tie rod. There is no pin that can be replaced, the unit needs to be replaced.

If it is the outside tie rod end, you have an easy job ahead of you. Cost about $30 or so. You'll need a front end alignment.

If it is an inside rod end, you should replace your rack. Cost around $100. You'll need a front end alignment.

Have fun!

Posted on Mar 12, 2009

  • 12 Answers

SOURCE: plastic panel came loose under car, near where front area close to underneath radiator?

just a guard to stop stones an general rubbish sticking to the bottom of the rad hope this helps

Posted on May 21, 2009

  • 521 Answers

SOURCE: Side to side wheel play

Wheel bearings and or Ball joints.Lift vehicle in the air and grab the wheel front to rear and shake it. wobbly? bearings grab top to bottme and shake ( push top away from u pull bottom towards u) wobbly? Ball joints. If u can have a second person do the shaking as u look at the ball joints or have them look as you do the shaking.

Posted on Jul 24, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Under ford edge behind passenger front wheel there is a cover of some kind hanging down

probably just a plastic cover that prevents mud from splashing on engine. If not, post back with more info

Mar 06, 2014 | 2011 Ford Edge

1 Answer

My 1995 Honda Civic LX Passenger Floor was soaked with Water After Heavy Rains

Hi when I work for the Honda dealer 15 years ago We found that when a passengers side is getting wet , My best guess is you have air conditioning in your car. I would bet you the problem is the ac drain hose is clogged, it is on the passengers side under the dash, if you look up where you're feet would be just follow the rug up and you will see the hose remove the hose, be careful removing it from the condenser nipple because it is plastic and can break , use an air house and blow any dirt and debris that maybe clogging the hose . When you remove the hose have a Cup or small bucket to catch any water that's remaining in the condenser , This is a common problem . Once you have those cleared and the condenser cleared the problem should stop. Remember to put the drain hose back on , ps you do not need to put a clamp on the hose it is not under any pressure, after you fix the problem I would remove the seats and pull the rug out and hang it to dry, wipe the floor of any water , you may want to put a fan in the car to dry it out, because if you do not get everything dry your car will start so smell like mold and mildew, and the floor of you car will start to rust up, so get it dry, I hope this helps, I promise you that that's where the waters coming from if you have air condition, just remember water gos down hill not up. Let me know how you make out.

Nov 12, 2017 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Locate the evaporator canister on 2003 honda odyessey

It is on the driver's side of the car directly underneath the spot the driver's right knee occupies while driving. It has a black plastic stone shield in front of it. If you get on the driver's side of the van and face forward parallel to line of travel and get down on your hands and knees with your head lined up with the steering wheel---then look under and to your right and you'll see it.

Feb 05, 2011 | 2003 Honda Odyssey

1 Answer

Need to find out where overflow hose connects tried following it but it just ends underneath where i put antifreeze in 97 cadilac deville

There is an over-flow hose between the coolant recovery tank, and the top of the radiator just below the radiator cap, and there is also an over-flow hose from the top of the coolant recovery tank and it just hangs over the side of the recovery tank and runs the over-flow off out under the front of the passenger side fender well area.

Sep 10, 2010 | 1997 Cadillac DeVille

2 Answers

Cant find drain plug for radiator? can you tell me what to look for or what it looks like?

Look near the front of the passenger side wheel well. You'll find the drain **** there.

There's a draincock down at the bottom. Open it up and drain the radiator. What I like to do next is remove the t-stat and replace waterneck. Now fill radiator with water (actually fill degas bottle) and run engine with upper hose removed at radiator. Flush until only clean clear water comes out of hose. Drain radiator, replace t-stat, fill radiator with coolant and you're done.

Hope helped with this; remember rated this help. Good luck.

Dec 09, 2009 | 2000 Ford Expedition

2 Answers

2004 pathfinder wet floor passenger side

Look underneath behind the passenger side front wheel. You might need to remove the plastic mud guard. It would be easier to see if you jacked it up and put it on jack stands.

Sep 10, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Pathfinder

3 Answers

Drainage duct location on 1996 Riviera .Water is unloading on the inside passengers floor when a/c is in use.

pull up the carpet and locate the spot from the ac drianage duct insde the car, check for any holes in the floorboard or firewall and reroute the hose out side the passenger compartment, thru the fire wall it may have a rubber grommet covering the hole in the firewall, which can be removed to put duct hole thru.

Jul 11, 2009 | 1995 Buick Riviera

1 Answer

How do i remove mitsi gto gearbox

Remove air intake hoses to throttle body, remove battery tray, remove washer bottle attached to battery tray, remove clutch slave cylinder and compensator from the top of the tranny. Remove tranny gearchange control cables and hang up to one side.
Jack car up as high as you can and remove the wheels. DRAIN the gearbox (24mm not on bottom side).
Now go under the car and remove the starter motor, remove the exhaust front pipe (can unbolt from front CATs and let hang down), remove frame member and remove the plastic covers from the passenger side wheel well to get to the frame member. Remove the lower control arm bolts on both sides and let the control arms hang down. Disconnects both sway bars at the wheel hubs to allow the drive shafts to be pulled outwards. ease the drive shaft on passenger side out with pry bar and have someone pull on the hub to pop the drive shaft out. On the drivers side, you have to first remove the intermediate bracket on the block and then do the same thing with the drive shaft to pull it out.
Support the tranny with a jack.Remove the four bolts holding the tranny support bracket (covered with four grommets in passenger wheel well). Remove the three bolts from the top of the tranny and remove the bracket.

Now work your way around the tranny and remove the bolts holding it to the engine (there is a 10mm phillips screw/bolt holding a dirt sheild in place under the rear of the tranny, the other bolts are more obvious).

Tranny is now ready to be lowered to the floor using the floor jack.

Installation is the reverse of the above. Good Luck.

Apr 19, 2009 | Mitsubishi 3000GT Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Metal peice hanging down in front of car

It seemks to be the mud flap that keeps mud and other things like water from going into the wheel well. Might as well take it of altogether until you can find a good one or new one.

Apr 15, 2009 | 1993 Buick LeSabre

5 Answers

2003 impala leaks from under glove box

If you want to know the where the water is coming from, water is entering from the passenger side front cowl. ( the vent below the windshield that sucks the air in for your a/c and heat) there is a recall where chevy installs a plate under the cowl and diverts water out. There is your answer.
David Borysowski (GM mechanic for over 20 yrs)
PS feel free to email me and thank me. Lol

Mar 18, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Honda Accord Logo

Related Topics:

57 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts


Level 3 Expert

78936 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides