Question about 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I need step by step on changing a water pump on a jeep grand cherokee V-8 year 1994 4wdrive
1. Remove negative battery cable
2. Open radiator valve - drain cooling system
3. Remove cooling fan and shroud
4. Remove belt
5. Remove water pump pulley from hub
6. Remove hoses from water pump
7. Loosen heater hose coolant return tube mounting bolt and nut.
8. Remove the tube. Lose the O-Ring.
9. Remove water pump mounting bolts
10. Loosen the clamp on the bypass hose.
11. Remove the hose as you pull the pump away from the engine.
Hope this helps
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Thanks Mike, but, since this is a 94 I thought it would be prudent to replace the hoses at the same time as the water pump. Replacing the bypass hose is a joy as it is buried beneath the air conditioner compressor. I found that the bracket holding the air conditioner compressor and alternator could be lifted to the passenger side while maintaining most electrical and coolant connections. Once moved there is finally enough room to replace the bypass hose, and properly clean and install the thermastat.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2016 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 01, 2015 | 2003 Jeep Liberty
Feb 28, 2011 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 20, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 26, 2009 | 2006 Jeep Commander
Oct 18, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 19, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 17, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 10, 2009 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
735 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!