Question about 2005 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

Dodge intrepid 2000 2.7l V6 On the left valve cover there is a pcv and if I removed it I can see part of the engine through the hole. that pcv got damaged and I can't find the part in the auto shops. They called it pcv valve, pcv valve connector but its not the one I need. both ends of the pcv are not the same and its straight not curve

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 835 Answers

Yeah ,what you are seeing is what is the rocker assembly. as far as the pcv vavle (positive crankcase ventilation) curved or straigth doesn't make a difference

Posted on Nov 06, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the PVC valve location for a 2001 dodge Dakota SLT 3.9 v6 eng

The PCV valve is inserted into a grommet in the left side valve cover with a hose running to the intake manifold. On the right valve cover is another hose running to the ducting from the air box to the valve body - the PCV valve is not on this side.

Feb 11, 2017 | 2001 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Where is the pcv valve located on a 2004 intrepid?

hi On the 2.7Ltr engines the PCV valve is threaded into the intake plenum above the throttle body.but On the 3.2/3.5ltr engines it is on the rear drivers side of the plenum.Both engines have hoses attached going to the drivers side valve cover hope this helps

Sep 02, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Could that be causing oil in intake and exhaust

Look at center of engine, at back, and you'll see a black tube coming from drivers side rocker cover, to a short black piece of rubber hose like a 90 degree elbow (which usually cracks or collapses and causes problems).
That should attach to your PCV valve.

Jul 08, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

2002 Intrepid: need to replace the water pump...

In the 2.7L V6, the water pump is driven by the timing chain. I'm pretty sure that in the 3.2/3.5L V6, it's driven by the timing belt. In both cases, it's a lot of work to get to, as you have to remove everything on the top (intake plenum, valve covers) and front (belts, pulleys, idlers, p/s pump, and timing cover) of the engine. Then, after removing and replacing the water pump and timing chain/belt, you have to make sure that the valve timing is exactly right, and reset the chain tensioner on the 2.7L.

A lot of work. Unless you're very comfortable with working on engines, leave it to a professional. You'll save yourself a headache (not to mention some busted knuckles). ;-)

May 17, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Intrepid

2 Answers

My dodge dakota wont idle,foules up plug no.1,misfires.I have codes po172 and po301 from pmc .replaced plugs. wires.o2 sensor tps sensor,coolant sensor. I have cleaned air temp. sensor. don't know what...

check the gasket for the bottom of the intake plenum
to check remove pcv valve from the valve cover plug the vent hose from the other valve cover and the hole the pcv valve was removed from with your fingers while the engine is idleing. if it builds up a vacuum, noticable by a air rush sound when you remove finger from vent/pcv grommet hole then the gasket for the plate on the bottom of the intake plenum has blown out. it is a very common problem and results in fould plugs and oil consumption problems.

Mar 29, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Where can I find the PCV valve on a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6 engine?

Hello! Reach up and over the intake manifold, PCV is located on the middle of the back valve cover. The plastic part that is screwed into the valve cover is the PCV.


Dec 14, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan

1 Answer

How do you change the PCV Valve on a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan witha 3.3L V6 engine?

First, find it. It is usually on the end of a hose going from the top of the engine The pcv is a metal valve that is push in a rubber grommet usually in the left or right valve coveYhe rubber hose is about 1/2 in and te ocv just pulls out of it, no clamps. put the new on the hose, stuff ot back in the hole and you are done. Buy the nre one first and that will help you recognize it.-

Sep 18, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Caravan

2 Answers

PCV Valve

It is bolted into the rear valve cover near the passenger side.

Mar 18, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Caravan

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Ford Taurus Logo

267 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

78267 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5655 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides