There a is replacement guarantee in place
wherein Honda states that they will repair or replace your stock Honda
seat belts for the "usable life" of the vehicle.
The "usable life" portion of the agreement establishes some requirements that have to be met and are listed here:
1. Vehicle has a current registration & insurance (Under Federal,
State, Local Laws).
2. Legally titled within the USA or Canada (Honda North America)
3. Never been totaled by insurance or Federal/State/Local standards
4. Never had an airbag deployment / isn't throwing a code for the
This warranty is separate from all other factory warranties for the car.
So, you car does not have to be under it's 3/36,000 or other factory
equivalent. It is warrantied directly through Honda and not a third
party company. Any Honda dealership within North America is required to
replace or repair the belts free of charge. There should be no charge to
you for inspection or replacement costs.
There have been reports about some dealerships attempting to charge a fee
for the "diagnostic" process to determine if the seat belt is indeed
malfunctioning. However under this warranty Honda does not allow the
dealership to do this. So, you just have to stick to your guns and the
dealership will not end up charging you anything.
They don't cover seat belts which have been:
1. Cut, Shredded, Frayed by long term physical contact with sharp
objects such as knives or belt buckles
2. Altered beyond factory specification
3. Altered from factory locations
4. Frayed by rubbing against interior trim pieces
5. Damaged by altered interior panels
6. Impeded upon by non-factory interior installations
They will cover the seat belt replacement even if you have taken your
inside trim apart so long as you haven't modified the seat belt or the
trim surrounding the seat belt.
There is no reason that this request for repair cannot be 100%
successful. The warranty is very simple and clearly stated. The
key...meet the requirements.