Question about 2006 Audi A4

1 Answer

A little piece of rubber tube bout 2" long broke off at back of engine sumthing to do wit the revs because car keeps cutting out what is this part called please please please

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 133 Answers

Sounds like it is some kind of vaccumm tube. Not real familiar with this car though.

Posted on Nov 05, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How can i get my dipstick out of the tube after it broke off in my 2006 nissan sentra

Try it again. But first heat the tube up. A heat gun or small torch. Clean the tube before inserting a new one. The stuff that drops in the engine won't hurt it.

Feb 14, 2015 | 2006 Nissan Sentra

1 Answer

Where is DPFE sensor 2002 mazda tribute V-6

Between the engine and firewall. there is a metal tube that connects to the exhaust manifold and the EGR valve. EGR is close to the throttle body. On this tube you will see two other tubes coming off it, with rubber hoses attached. On the other end of the rubber hoses is the DPFE sensor. It has an electrical plug, wit two wires.

Jan 02, 2015 | 2002 Mazda Tribute

1 Answer

Oil pressure problem

if you have a 4jx1 3.0 engine then the engine wont run properly because engine oil pressure is what drives the direct injection system.
Check for blocked oil filters 2 pieces if not remove the oil pan and check the oil pickup tube for oil sludge blockage

Jul 14, 2014 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper

1 Answer

I broke a plastic line that runs from the engine to a box and then to the fire wall

You can get new T fittings and rubber hose through any part store, just bring a piece of the rubber tubing and 1 of the t fittings with you so they match up the size, they can sell the hose to you by the foot so have an idea of how much you will need

Mar 26, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the shifter cover that slides inside a track came apart / broke in the middle. I have taken the bezels apart and can see where it broke. It doesn't look like it...

2005 Jeep Cherokee Laredo- I cut three pieces of 2 inch wide black seat belt material the same length as that cheap piece of rubber. Then glued them together for a thicker belt webbing. Then heated a 3/8 piece of steel rod to melt a hole in the middle of the laminated webbing for the shifter to fit thru. Then slipped it into the slot on the console. Jeep wanted $812.00 for the replacement console.... They do not sell the little cheap piece of rubber to do your repair. Jeep wants you to buy the whole freaking console unit!

Nov 14, 2010 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Wiper fluid pipe detached,,

OK, go to the auto parts store and try to rejoin the wiper fluid pipe using soft rubber tubing 3/16" to 5/32" inner diameter and jam it on to the solid rigid tubing if that is where the break is.

If you have soft tubing that broke, you can get male plastic joiners that join the two broken soft rubber tubing pieces together.

The auto parts store will have a full assortment of adapters and tubes that can be used on your Mercedes Benz or any car for that matter.

I repaired the piping that broke due to years of heat damage with soft rubber vacuum/windshield wiper fluid tubing.

I wish you luck on this.

Jul 14, 2010 | 2007 Mercedes-Benz G500

2 Answers

Heater hose broke off at firewall.there is a plastic connector which I can't get off. it spins but does'nt back do you remove this connector?

There is a removal tool to release plastic locking tabs at back near fire wall, I had the same problem with my 01 silverado I used a 4" piece of hacksaw blade held with vice grips and cut aluminum cover and pried it apart to release, be careful not to cut heater core tube.

Feb 28, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

1 Answer

Need to replace fuel filler neck on 1999 dodge dakota

I just replaced one today. I found this post looking for an answer myself and ended up just going for it. The metal at the end of the plastic hose is a clamp that was compressed with a special tool. Here is what I did.

I cut the compression clamp open with a Dremel and a cut off wheel. Be careful not to cut through to the plastic. I did a little at a time the whole length of the clamp and cut through only at the end about 3mm. I then put a screwdriver in there any was able to pry it up and break the clamp in half since I had cut most of the way through it. Take your time.

With the clamp off it will still be hard to get the metal tubes out. I had badly rusted tubes so I broke them off near the plastic tube and bent the end inside the plastic a little with a hammer. I was then able to pull the vent tube out. On the fill tube I bent it to move it away from the plastic enough to get tin snips in there. I cut it and could then get the tube out.

It looked like there was some kind of rubber ring on the tubes. I used some sealer on the tube when I slid it in the plastic and used regular hose clamps. Make them very tight. You don't want an air leak.

Jan 18, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

Car stalls and revs it self

there should be a large rubber tube that connects the throttle body to the air filter box...check the tube - take it off and flex it around. look for any cracks in it. if there are any, you can patch them temporarily with rubber cement and electrical tape. You really should replace it. only the toyota dealer can get it. it is called the Air Horn in the parts computer.

Jan 15, 2009 | 1990 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Fuel leaking

If it's a 4.0 engine, the filter thing is the fuel pressure regulator (does it have a vacuum hose going to a fitting on the intake manifold?) Depending upon how much material (clean tubing) you have to work with the temporary"fix" is just about the same as the real repair. Cut the line, removing the failed part, and install a new piece of steel tubing, using crimp type unions (they have brass ferrules on both ends that seal permanently to tubing once they are tightened. Sometimes you need to remove a decent length to get to a straight clean area (unions are not recommended to be used on curved sections of tubing.
Or, if you can't do this, cut the tubing right over the leak, slip a piece of high pressure fuel line (rubber) over both ends and fasten with two clamps (made for fuel lines, not for water hose applications) Make sure that rubber hose extends at least one inch past the leaking area.That will get you to a shop! Check the regulator. it's doubtful that both the line and reg are leaking.
Good luck

Jan 02, 2009 | 1990 Jeep Wagoneer Limited

Not finding what you are looking for?
2006 Audi A4 Logo

Related Topics:

73 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audi Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14384 Answers

Are you an Audi Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides