Question about 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix
I've found two different sets of instructions online for programming a new keyless remote for my '99 Grand Prix. They seem pretty straightforward. I have no love for my local Pontiac dealership and would love to save the cash on the unit and programming. Can I do this myself?
1) Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse located in the glove compartment (see owners manul for location)
2) Turn ignition switch to "Accessory" then "Off" then back to "Accessory" witin 1 second. (accessory is opposite the forward direction key is normally turned for starting the vehicle)
3) Plug in drivers side seat belt.
4) Open and close a door (will hear a chime indicating in program mode.)
5) Press and hold both the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons on the Fob and wait at least 7 seconds (may take longer) you'll hear a chirp or the horn will sound.
6) repeat step 5 for all other Fobs.
7) turn key to Off and replace fuse.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2013 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Apr 26, 2012 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jan 17, 2012 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 14, 2011 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 18, 2009 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 06, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Aug 08, 2009 | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
Nov 08, 2008 | 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
728 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: