no year? Jeep? one post, and no year.
is this WG jeep say in europe. ? we dont have WG here.
WG started in Europe in 1999.
on this usa forum or in our country no 3.1 VM diesels
i do have your FSM book.
and here is what it states. (different liners used etc)
"CYLINDER HEAD GASKETS
A one piece steel cylinder head gasket is used for
all five cylinder heads.
Cylinder head gaskets are available in three thicknesses.
Identification holes or notches in the right
front corner of the gasket indicate the thickness of
the gasket (Fig. 65).
CAUTION: Piston protrusion must be measured, to
determine cylinder head gasket thickness, if one or
more cylinder wall liners have been replaced.
NOTE: If cylinder wall liners have not been
removed; the same thickness head gasket removed,
may be used.
MEASURING PISTON PROTRUSION
(1) Use special tool VM.1010 with dial indicator
special tool VM.1013 (Fig. 66).
(2) Bring the piston of cylinder no. 1 exactly to top
(3) Zero the dial indicator on the cylinder block
(4) Setup the dial indicator on the piston crown
(above the center of the piston pin) 5mm (1/8 in.)
from the edge of the piston and note the measurement
(5) Repeat the procedure with the rest of the cylinders.
(6) Establish the thickness of the steel gasket for
all four cylinder heads on the basis of the greatest
piston protrusion (Fig. 65)
buy the book,end all guessing?