Just bought a 300M and have some questions about some features, who can help me?
1. What is Climate Control? 2. What is Multi-Point Fuel Injection? Purpose? 3.My vehicle has 2 ventilated disc brakes? 4. Vehicle has an "Immobilizer"? 5. Electronic traction control via abs? 6. ABS? 7.Strut front suspension with stabilizer bar, independant with coil springs, milti link rear suspension with stabilzer bar independent with coil spring? 8. Coefficient of drag 0.31?
This car 1999 300M has other features which I know how to use and I have always wanted this car but feel stupid not knowing what the above is and what it does. Your input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks so much.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Just bought a 300M and have some questions about some...
Climate control is the heater/a.c. systems. Multi-Point fuel injection is the type of fuel system the car has. Vented brakes have holes in the rotors to help cool them during heavy braking. Immobilizer is the anti-theft device. Electronic traction control will transfer the power to the wheels so it doesn't slip or loose traction. ABS is Anti Lock Brake system. This is so your brakes doesn't lock up during hard braking. No. 7 is the suspension system for a good ride and cornering. Not sure about No. 8 though.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel.......
When installing a new fuel pump on a ud truck 1400 1994 desiel....... how do you set the timing, i can't find a mark on the pump.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Share this conversation
sascityks.64x64.jpg">Tkman55 , Mechanic
125 Satisfied Customers
Expert: tkman55replied 3 years ago.
Let me see if I can help you with your problem. Please don't rate me until all your questions are answered, that way you will not have to pay twice. Always use "Reply To Expert" link. Thanks.
If you are new to the site this is how it works:
1. We will go back and forth as needed until you get the help you need, there will be no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible information without actually being physically present with you.
3. Remember to leave a positive rating after we are finished.
INJECTION PUMP Removal
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove injection tubes from nozzles and plug nozzles. Remove fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Disconnect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Remove injection pump drive gear cover. Mark injection pump shaft and gear for proper alignment during reassembly.
2. Loosen injection pump drive gear nut and remove gear. Remove injection pump bolts and nuts. Remove injection pump with injection tubes attached.
Disassembly & Inspection
For disassembly, inspection and reassembly procedures for injection pump or injectors, see DISASSEMBLY & REASSEMBLY in Fuel System article.
1. Turn engine until No. 1 piston is at TDC on compression stroke. Install injection pump assembly. Install injection pump gear so that flange is aligned with mark on front cover. See Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. . Install gear nut and tighten to 43-51 Ft. Lbs. (59-69 N.m). Tighten injection pump fixing bolts. See INJECTION PUMP MOUNTING TORQUE table. Tighten injection pump to mounting bracket bolts.
2. Install injection pump gear cover with new gasket. Connect fuel inlet hose, overflow hose and fuel return hose. Connect fuel cut solenoid wire and accelerator wire. Connect injection tubes to nozzles. Tighten tube flare nuts to 14-18 Ft. Lbs. (20-25 N.m).
On MANUAL if it does not shut off, it could easily be the multi position switch. Replace it and you should be okay. If the continuity on the switch checks out though, it could be in the Automated climate control . OUCH!
email me at email@example.com and put your wallet away. I have some manuals in my archives that I would not mind sharing. That is for a 123 body and I do have the vacuum and engine diagrams/manuals you will need. Great little cars.
2001 Ford Windstar Base Passenger Minivan Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
3,797 cc 3.8 liters 6 V engine with 96.8 mm bore, 86 mm stroke, 9.4 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder
Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 10.2
Multi-point injection fuel system
Main 98 liter unleaded fuel tank
Power: SAE and 149 kW , 200 HP @ 4,900 rpm; 240 ft lb , 326 Nm @ 3,600 rpm
Two reasons for this ...
1. the fuel pump is over pumping
2. one of the jets in the Multi Point Fuel injection system is jammed and constantly pumping gas into the cylinder.
Get a good injection cleaner fuel addative... this will solve your problem... though it will take a few days of driving before the RPM settles down below 1K RPM.
A few clarifactions pls...
Does it have a carburetor or a Multi Point Fuel Injection System
Diesel or pertol or Gas.
The most basic reason for poor emission is incorrect mixture of air and fuel.
if carburetor then you will have to get the correct mixture set . Its NOT a long procedure just adjusting 2 main screws.... But lat a mechanic do it.
If Multi point fuel Injection... then the injector needs to be cleaned This is a lengthy affair. Before opening this you could use fuel additive ment for cleaning the injectors..
Alos check if the manifold/ exaust pipe is not leaking from anywhere as this reduces the pressure and the burn is not total resulting in Emission..
There are fuel addetives that help clean the engine from inside.... but for that I would need more info so as to guide which addivive could be suited.
i have the same car and it did the same thing when i got it take it to a dealership there are 2 flashes for the bcm body control module that will recalibrate the automatic temp contol and that should fix the problem
It depends on the type of injection system your Astro has. If it has a Throttle body injection system, the injector is in the assembly on top of the engine on the intake manifold. If it has multi-point injection, it should have multiple injectors connected to the fuel rails on the manifold.