Question about 2008 Chrysler Aspen
The rear door lock was broken inside, because not even the latch will not open it. This is the root cause of the problem. You need to remove the rear door trim panel with door closed. This is the most difficult operation.
Start by folding the rear chair near to the rear door involved, or remove it if you want.
Then you will proceed to rear door trim panel removal:
1. Lower door glass.
2. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from inside arm rest pull cup.
3. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from behind inside remote handle (REMOTE HANDLE ATTACHING SCREW).
4. Disengage push-in fasteners attaching trim to door panel around perimeter of trim panel (DOOR TRIM PANEL).
5. Tilt trim panel outward to clear locator pins on backside of trim panel.
6. Disconnect trim panel from retainer channel in inner belt weatherstrip at top of door by lifting while gently jiggling .
7. Move trim panel away from door and disengage actuator cables attaching inside remote handle (DISCONNECT REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL) and (REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL MECHANICAL CONNECTIONS).
8. Disconnect wire connectors to switches.
CAUTION: Do not allow door trim panel to hang by the wire connector or wiring.
9. Disconnect wire connector from power door lock switch, mirror switch, and power window switch if so equipped.
10. Remove trim panel from door.
After rear door trim panel removal, you will be able to access the door lock and open it from inside of the car. Then replace or repair the door lock, and refit all in reverse order with rear door open this time.
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2016 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Feb 07, 2016 | 2008 Kia Sportage
Aug 04, 2014 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Mar 02, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jan 06, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Uplander
Mar 23, 2013 | Volkswagen Golf Cars & Trucks
Nov 04, 2012 | 2008 Ford Escape
Jun 06, 2012 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Nov 25, 2010 | 2007 Chrysler Aspen 4x2
Oct 12, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Sep 21, 2018 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
1,358 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!