Question about 2000 Dodge Intrepid
I actually own an Intrepid and planning to put a new engine in this summer, what size do you have?
Anyway to replace it
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable
2. Drain the cooling system, save the fluid and reuse it as it shouldn't be bad
3. Follow the lower radiator hose to the engine to locate the thermostat housing
4. Using a radiator hose clamp pliers, remove the hose clamp, then detach the hoses from the thermostat housing. If they are stuck, grasp them near the end with a pair of adjustable pliers and twist it to break the seal, then pull off. If the hose is old or worn, then cut off and replace
5. Also replace the hose fittings if they look bad.
6. Remove the fasteners and detach the housing which has two pipes coming off of it and two bolts holding it on.
7. Look at how the thermostat is in the housing so you don't put it in backwards and replace with the new one.
8. Remove all of the old gasket and sealant from the housing and cover with a gasket scraper.
9. Install the thermostat and the gasket with the air bleed hole facing up
10. Install the housing and fasteners to the engine block and tighten the fasteners.
11. Reattach the hoses and replace the hose clamps
12. Refill the cooling system and start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature and check for leaks and proper thermostat operation.
If you have any further questions, let me know
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 18, 2013 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 25, 2012 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 20, 2011 | 2004 Honda Accord
Dec 27, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Montana
Sep 12, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Mar 08, 2010 | 2004 Toyota Camry
Nov 15, 2009 | 1997 Lincoln Continental
Apr 29, 2009 | 2004 Toyota Camry
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: