Question about 2005 Ford Freestyle
1. Remove the two screws at the outside back of the tail light cover
2. loosen the tail light cover from the two clips at the front of the cover by gently prying it toward the rear. Fingernails worked for me. The bottom clip seemed easier. If it is too tight, try a screwdriver near the bottom, then near the top prying toward the rear of the car.
3. the top light is the backup lamp (white), and the bottom light is the brake/turn/rear light (red).
4. rotate the lamp 1/3 turn to remove and replace.
6. replace the cover by aligning the screw holes then pushing the cover into the clips and replacing the screws.
Posted on Oct 16, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Sep 04, 2013 | 2005 Chrysler 300
Sep 23, 2011 | 1989 Pontiac Firebird
Jul 05, 2011 | 1998 Ford Crown Victoria
Jan 27, 2011 | 1999 Volvo C70
process for replacing tail light bulbs is the same in all models. If
you have a burnt-out tail light bulb, you may need to replace the
brake light, the reverse light or the turn signal. The procedure to
replace each of the bulbs is the same.
1. Open the Hummer's rear swing gate. This will expose the edge of the vehicle's tail light assembly. You'll see two small Phillips head screws that hold the tail light assembly in place. Put on your gloves.
Remove the two screws from the tail light assembly. Pull the tail
light out and inspect the back for two bulbs. The top bulb is the
brake light and turn signal. The bottom bulb is the reverse bulb.
Determine which bulb you need to replace.
the tail light into its cradle. Hold it with one hand and replace
the Phillips head screws with the other.
Dec 03, 2010 | 2008 Hummer H3
Aug 06, 2010 | 2004 Mazda 6
May 19, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
Aug 02, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
190 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: