Question about 1989 Toyota Camry
My Car is Toyota Camry 1989 V6
1. What is the standard fuel consumption for car at this stage?
2. How to check the fuel consumption per litre?
3. I think the fuel consumption is very high. How to improve the fuel efficiency?
If you're really serious about maximizing your fuel efficiency, check out http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510. Scroll down to 'Basic FE saving techniques'.
Posted on Jun 14, 2008
Consider getting this info on ADDING Hydrogen power to your fuel. Raises fuel mileage 25% to 50%+.
Imagine if it works - raise your fuel mileage to 21+ in stop n go driving, up tp 35+, maybe 40 mpg with a steady low cruise on the highway, at 60-62 mph.
only costs $170-$200 if you can do it yourself, if you can change pcv / oxygen sensors / plugs / fuel filters, YOU can do it.
Else, pay a mechanic an extra $200 for 2 hours work for him/her to install in 45 minutes.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
My 2 cents -
1. You didn't specify your exact model, on this site you'll fond your answer - http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/1989_Toyota_Camry.shtml
2. There are a few ways to do this, here's one -
- Fill your gas tank to the very top.
- Write down your odometer or reset you trip meter.
- Drive your car till it's time to fill it up again.
- When it's time to fill you tank, fill it to the very top (preferd in the same station, in the same pump).
- divide the number of miles (or kilometers) you drive, by the amount of gas you filled, This is of course only true for this gas tank, fuel consumption is effected by many things, load, driver, type of miles you do (city or hoghway), etc..
3. Service your car regularly, make sure tire pressure is correct, don't drive like you are racing.
Posted on Jun 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2015 | 1994 Toyota Pickup
Dec 19, 2014 | 2000 Audi A6
Sep 14, 2014 | 1989 Toyota Camry
Jan 07, 2011 | 1989 Toyota Camry
Jan 03, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Corolla
Dec 27, 2008 | 1989 Toyota Camry
Nov 03, 2008 | 1989 Toyota Camry
Oct 24, 2008 | 1992 Toyota Camry V6
Jan 15, 2017 | 1989 Toyota Camry
612 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!