Question about 1990 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

I need to know if a 1990 dodge ram 150 with a 318 throttle body has a computer controlled distributer and trany

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Dodge Master
  • 2,527 Answers


Posted on Oct 16, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

3 Answers

My 1998 Dodge 1500 Ram with a 318 engine stalls when I come to a stop. This only happens when the engine is warm.

It probably Throttle position sensor and/or the Idle Air Control Valve. If you need more help diagnosing these, please let me know what tools you have and we can go from there. (i.e. do you have a multi-meter? etc...)

Feb 19, 2015 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

1 Answer

I have a 1988 Dodge Ram 4x4. Its a v8 318 throttle body. When I got it, the distributer cap & 12 volt coil was missing. I need to know how to put them on

Distributor cap will have an alignment notch and will only fit on one way and the ignition wire will go to the positive side of the coil and the negative side to the distribuotr points.

Oct 12, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Gas pedal wont go down once in gear

I would check a few things. first the engine mounts. make sure the engine isn't rocking over. second cruise control ? if it has cruise control I would unhook the cable to the throttle from the cruise control and see if that was the issue. some times the control box will pull in deceleration mode and stick there. also the decelerator valve on the throttle body may be defective.

May 24, 2013 | 1998 Dodge Neon

1 Answer

Were is the crankshaft sensor is located on 1990 dodge pickup with 318

If your truck has a multiport fuel injection system then crank sensor is located on the top of the bell housing on the passenger side. If your truck has carburetor or throttle body injection then your truck doesn't have a crank sensor.

Apr 28, 2012 | 1990 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

Why won't my truck stay running when I'm not

Try cleaning your throttle body. Over time on high mileage vehicles, the throttle body butterfly valve will gunk up with sludge, and dirt. This will prevent air from entering the intake manifold while the engine is idling, causing low idle/stalling. A can of throttle body/carb cleaner will do the job. First, remove the intake tube to get to the butterfly valve. Spray a small amount of throttle body cleaner directly into the intake, and wipe any excess fluid with a cloth. Also, inspect your air filter. I hope this helps

Jun 26, 2011 | 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

2 Answers

My 1990 dodge ram d150 idle wont drop below 1800 most of the time it staysat 2000, it will drop to @750 some times . Its a 5.2 with a 4 spd . any idea what it may be

I would check the idle air control valve. Also check for a sticking throttle cable or throttle plate in the throttle body.

Oct 27, 2010 | 1990 Dodge W150

2 Answers

Change the iac on a dodge ram b3500 van and still have the p0505

the idle air control is on the back of the throttle body. it has a plug going to it and is held to the throttle body with 2 screws

Oct 08, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Ram 3500

1 Answer

Need to know where the throttle body positon sensor is located?

The tps is usually on the side of the throttle body, some have a black plastic casing, just 2 screws hold on. Don't mistake it for the iac (idle air control) valve.

Jan 22, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

1990 Dodge Dakota

The hose you are talking about sound like the intake tube it is the right one but you went the wrong way.Its not a vehicle im familiar with but follow that hose/tube back toward engine and find the throttle body that has the accelerator cable /which is long and thin/attached to it.Can you see the part that moves if you stand on the gas pedal.The part you see moving is the throttle shaftand throttle body.

Oct 18, 2008 | 1990 Dodge Dakota

Not finding what you are looking for?
1990 Dodge Ram Logo

Related Topics:

91 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

79865 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides