Question about 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Did you have the recall done ?
recall 05S28. Description: Speed Control Deactivation Switch.
Try the self test for the Cruise Control :
With the key off depress and hold the cruise control off button while turning the ignition to the run position,don't start the truck, the cruise light will flash once to let you know it is in self test.
Five additional flashes indicate a bad cruise control servo
Release the cruise off switch and within 5 seconds depress the other switches in sequence:
4. set/ accel
The speed control light will flash as each switch is depressed.
If the last one does not flash it may then flash a code
After this the cruise will move the throttle to test the actuator and the cable.
Make sure the throttle returns to idle and turn the key off.
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
- 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
- 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
- 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
Posted on Oct 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jul 20, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2015 | 2009 Chevrolet Chevrolet Equinox LS
Apr 24, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Apr 17, 2013 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
this case, to troubleshoot this problem, there are solved help links. Click the
link directly and refer the details to solve this problem yourself, with help
of diagrams: ------
and cruise control not working on Plymouth Grand Voyager?
Nov 28, 2012 | GMC Cars & Trucks
----------- Horn and Cruise control quit working?
Horn and cruise control not working on
Plymouth Grand Voyager?
Horn and Cruise control quit working on 2003 Jaguar S-Type? http://howtobyme.blogspot.com/2011/11/horn-and-cruise-control-quit-working-on.html
Cruise Control stops working, Excessive cranks to start the engine and RPM goes max 2500 http://whoisbyme.blogspot.in/2012/07/cruise-control-stops-workingexcessive.html
Cruise control stop working on 1994 Ford ranger? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/02/cruise-control-stop-working-on-1994.html
Cruise control not working? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/cruise-control-not-working.html
1996 Ford Explorer: Cruise Control Wiring Diagram?
These will help.
Nov 22, 2012 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Mar 10, 2012 | 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD
-----------Horn and Cruise control quit working?
Horn and cruise control not working on car?
Horn and Cruise control quit working suddenly?
Cruise control stop working ?
ford ranger cruise control not working?
My Cruise control not working?
This troubleshooting help links will help you to confirm the problem.
Feb 13, 2012 | Chevrolet 3500 Cars & Trucks
603 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: