Question about 2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Removal & Installation
To install: Pull the fuel pump down so that it is tight against the bracket.
Through the trunk servicing panel...
Pull the fuel pump down so that it is tight against the bracket.
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
The fuel pump is located in the fuel tank as part of the entire assembly (pump, strainer, sending unit, etc.). If the pump has failed, the tank will need to be dropped to faciltate the repair.
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
JUST RELEASE THE PRESSURE AT THE FUEL PRESSURE TEST PORT ON THE FUEL SUPPLY RAIL THAT SUPPLIES THE INJECTORS, IT IS A METAL VALVE LIKE A TIRE VALVE, THAT IS THE FACTORY RECOMMENDED METHOD..
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
1. Relieve the fuel pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. If not already removed, depress the clips on each end of the rear seat cushion and remove the cushion.
3. If not already done, detach the electrical connector from the fuel pump/sending unit.
4. Remove the attaching screws from the fuel pump/sending unit access cover and remove the cover.
5. Disconnect the fuel supply and return hoses from the fuel pump/sending unit.
6. Remove the attaching screws and the fuel pump/sending unit from the fuel tank.
7. Detach the sending unit electrical connector, remove the sending unit attaching nuts and remove the sending unit from the fuel pump assembly.
1. Attach the sending unit to the fuel pump assembly and install the nuts. attach the sending unit electrical connector.
2. Install the fuel pump/sending unit into the fuel tank with a new gasket and install the mounting screws.
3. Connect the fuel supply and return lines.
4. Install the access cover and the mounting screws.
5. Attach the sending unit electrical connector.
6. Position the rear seat cushion over the floor, making sure to align the retaining pins with the clips. Push down firmly until the two retaining pins are locked into the rear seat retaining clips.
7. Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and check for proper system operation and for fuel leaks.
Posted on Jun 13, 2009
The fuelpump is located in the fueltank and is accessible by removing the rear seat squab. Under the squab is a service panel that will have a few screws holding it down. remove the panel and instead of removing the pump try giving it a firm rap with a hammer handle or piece of solid wood taking care not to damage the wiring or fuel lines exiting the top of the pump assembly. This may be enough to get the pump to work again.
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2015 | 2000 Mazda 626
May 01, 2011 | 2007 Mazda B3000
Apr 14, 2011 | 1988 Mazda B2200
Feb 27, 2011 | 2004 Mazda MPV
Jul 31, 2010 | 2004 Mazda 3
Jun 15, 2010 | 2001 Mazda Protege
Nov 17, 2009 | 1999 Mazda 626
Oct 12, 2009 | 2006 Mazda Miata
Jun 24, 2009 | 1987 Mazda 323 4-Door
723 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: