Question about 1998 Ford Explorer
Grounding the purple / green wire will permanently disable all alarm functions: (thanks alltech alarmman)
I found the elusive Purple and green wire by:
1) Remove the plastic kick panel on the left of the drivers side foot well
2)remove the plastic trim that extends along the floor by the door and up toward the fuse box.
3)pull back the plastic trim that runs along the door entry.
4) pry up the black wire track top.
5) this gives you good easy access to a bundle of wires in that track.
6) cut away the electrical tape to spread open the wires inside.
7) find the skinny purple, and almost yellowish green wire.
8) splice in a 2 foot section of wire, and run it back to the green grounding bolt exposed in step one.
9) replace trim,
Posted on Oct 23, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2012 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2011 | 1998 Ford Mustang
Feb 20, 2011 | 1996 Ford Explorer
Jul 08, 2010 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD
Mar 16, 2010 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Mar 10, 2010 | 1998 Ford Windstar
Aug 13, 2008 | 1998 Ford Explorer
399 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: