Question about 2005 Hyundai Elantra
1. Drain the coolant so its level is below the thermostat.
2. Remove the inlet fitting and gasket.
3. Remove the thermostat
1. Check that the flange of the thermostat is correctly seated in the socket of the thermostat housing.
2. Install the inlet fitting.
Tightening torque Engine coolant inlet fitting bolt : 10 ~ 15Nm (100 ~ 150kg.cm, 7 ~ 11lb.ft) 3. Refill the coolant. INSPECTION 1. Heat the thermostat as shown in the illustration.
2. Check that the valve operates properly.
3. Verify the temperature at which the valve begins to open. Valve opening temperature : 80-84°C(176-183.2°F) Full opening temperature : 95°C(203°F)
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2017 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Aug 31, 2015 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Dec 11, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 13, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 05, 2014 | 2001 Volkswagen Passat
Mar 01, 2013 | 2001 Chevrolet Lumina
Apr 10, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Feb 18, 2010 | 2001 Ford Escort ZX2
Feb 10, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Jun 10, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!