Question about Pontiac Bonneville
A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* Faulty spark plugs or wires
* Faulty coil (pack)
* Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
* Faulty fuel injector(s)
* Burned exhaust valve
* Faulty catalytic converter(s)
* Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
* Faulty camshaft position sensor
* Defective computer
* If there are no symptoms, the simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.
* If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, check all wiring and connectors that lead to the cylinders (i.e. spark plugs). Depending on how long the ignition components have been in the car, it may be a good idea to replace them as part of your regular maintenance schedule. I would suggest spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor (if applicable). Otherwise, check the coils (a.k.a. coil packs). In some cases, the catalytic converter has gone bad. If you smell rotten eggs in the exhaust, your cat converter needs to be replaced. I've also heard in other cases the problems were faulty fuel injectors.
Random misfires that jump around from one cylinder to another (read: P030x codes) also will set a P0300 code. The underlying cause is often a lean fuel condition, which may be due to a vacuum leak in the intake manifold or unmetered air getting past the airflow sensor, or an EGR valve that is stuck open.
Hope helps (remember to rate this).
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
2003 bonneville has misfire 3 & 6. replaced coil packs, plugs, wires, ignition control module, cat, down stream 02 sensor. still has 3 & 6 misfire and bank 1 and 2 02 sensor low volts. upper intake was replaced due to hole right below the wiring. did not see any burnt wires. what else could it be?
Posted on Apr 09, 2014
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2017 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Jan 24, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 17, 2015 | 2002 Mercury Villager
Mar 23, 2015 | 1998 Pontiac Bonneville
Jan 29, 2015 | 2003 Nissan Murano
Nov 17, 2011 | 2003 Pontiac Grand Am
Aug 26, 2011 | 1995 Pontiac Bonneville
Dec 23, 2009 | 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Dec 15, 2008 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jul 03, 2008 | 2000 Pontiac Bonneville
1,221 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: