Question about Toyota Tundra
I can help you with this if you send me your emal address I will send the informationto you.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
U can't do this job at home without a factory repair manual PERIOD and very good skill level.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
I find this procedure, also coould check this other guide:
* Gather all of the tools and verify the sunroof came with all the parts. Put the seats all the way back and cover the interior with a sheet or tarp to protect the seats and dash.
* Hold the shade tray on the interior of the roof and ensure there is at least 4 inches of clear space on each side. Push a screwdriver through the headliner at each corner and dent the roof slightly. Remove the headliner and any support panels on the Tundra.
* Tape the template to the rooftop making sure to line it up with the dents in the roof. Drill a starter hole through one of the dents and cut the roof with metal shears along the lines of the template.
* File the edges of the opening until smooth and test fit the sunroof frame. Make any necessary adjustments and coat the bare edges with metal primer to inhibit rusting.
* Clean the bottom of the sunroof and run a bead of sealant around the lip. Place the sunroof frame into the opening in the roof. Connect the clamping ring and screws, taking care not to tighten too much and inadvertently strip.
* Wipe off any excess sealant and assemble the remainder of the sunroof. Replace the headliner, making alterations with a razor knife and clean the new glass panel.
Just as reference guide: 2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-1.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 28, 2015 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Feb 05, 2014 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Sep 04, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
May 17, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
May 14, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Dec 21, 2008 | 2004 Toyota Tundra
Sep 08, 2008 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: