Question about Jeep Cherokee
Replace the blower motor resistor. It controls the fan speeds. It defaults to high speed only when it fails.
How to replace the blower motor resistor block: Caution: Stay clear of the blower motor and resistor block (Hot). Do not operate the blower motor with the resistor block removed. 1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the glove box from the instrument panel.
3. Pull out the lock on the blower motor resistor wire harness connector to unlock the connector latch.
4. Depress the latch on the blower motor resistor wire harness connector and disconnect the connector from the resistor.
5. Remove the two screws that secure the blower motor resistor block to the HVAC housing.
6. Remove the resistor block from the HVAC housing. Installation:
1. Position the blower motor resistor block into the HVAC housing.
2. Install the two screws that secure the resistor block to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 2.2 Nm (20 in. lbs.)
3. Connect the wire harness connector to the resistor block.
4. Push in the lock on the blower motor resistor wire harness connecgtor to lock the connector latch.
5. Install the glove box.
6. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
7. Have a nice day!
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2012 | 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 15, 2010 | 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis
Oct 01, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 27, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 12, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 14, 2009 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 31, 2008 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jul 18, 2008 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: