Question about 1994 Chevrolet C/K 2500
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
If you are looking for the fuse box diagrams or any other diagrams for your Ram, check promanuals.net for a factory service manual for around 20 bucks or so. It's an invaluable tool for my Ram 2500.
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jul 31, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2016 | Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cars & Trucks
Jul 28, 2012 | 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora
Jan 10, 2012 | 1999 Hyundai Accent
Aug 17, 2010 | 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7
Aug 13, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jul 20, 2010 | Ford F-350 Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2008 | 1996 Ford F350 Crew Cab
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: