Question about 1997 Nissan Pickup
Step by step:
1. Your problem is in your steering wheel horn assembly.
2. If you have airbags I recommend finding which fuse controls them and remove them (SRS fuse), but before doing so make sure the steering wheel is perfectly straight. Disconnect the battery one or both sides. Wait ten to 15 minutes if you have an airbag to start working on the vehicle.
3. Make sure you wear an anti static wrist band, and or discharge your self on some metal before working with the air bag.
4. There should be screws on the back of the steering wheel to remove the center portion, remove and unplug not to forget where you unplugged what.
5. remove the center nut that holds the steering wheel on, use a steering wheel puller to remove the steering wheel, unless your he-man and can pull it off your self.
6. remove the horn assembly and replace with all new parts, every single piece of the horn assembly you must replace.
7. Reverse the removal procedure and work backwards.
8. Last, reconnect battery and fuses and if you have an airbag stand back while doing so in case airbag decides to discharge.
Hope this helps! Good luck !
Posted on Oct 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2014 | Jeep CJ7 Cars & Trucks
Feb 19, 2014 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Feb 09, 2014 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Nov 01, 2009 | 1997 Dodge Ram
Oct 24, 2009 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Sep 30, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
Jul 28, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 12, 2009 | 1992 Dodge Power Ram 50
Sep 28, 2016 | 1997 Nissan Pickup
498 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: