Question about Ford Ranger
There's nothing more important than regular maintenance to keep your car out of the repair shop. It may seem like a waste of time to constantly perform maintenance tasks on your car, but the money you save by keeping your car's systems operating well is worth the effort. Regular maintenance is more than changing oil, and there are different maintenance tasks for different seasons. Be sure you're up to speed and up to date:
* Seasonal Maintenance Checklists
* Brake Pad Replacement
* Replace Your Air Filter
* Fuel Filter Replacement
* Change Your Oil
* Spark Plug Replacement
* Battery Maintenance
* Windshield Wiper Replacement
* Wheel Lug/Bolt Check
* Fresh Air Vent Cleaning
* Radiator Flush
* ABS Sensor Cleaning
Prices vary greatly depending on the cost of labor in your area and what work is being done. According to the New York State Attorney General's Auto Repair Tips, the old kind of "tune-up" which were more typical for cars before 1980 usually aren't required in modern cars.
* For a basic "tune-up," we've seen rates as low as $30-$50 in places where the cost of living is low, to as much as $100 or more in expensive areas where more is included in the tune-up.
* Most places will charge you for parts and labor separately. Often tune-up parts like spark plugs, air filters and fuel filters will run $20-$60. We've seen hourly labor quotes from $40 an hour, to over $110-$150 an hour at BMW and Mercedes dealerships in urban areas (i.e.).
* Dealer 30k, 60k or 90k mile tune-ups can run from $250 for 3-4 hours of labor and basic maintenance, to over $1,000 at places with high labor costs and additional maintenance services, such as timing belt replacement.
* If the mechanic identifies needed repairs, this can add a significant amount to your total.
* Small auto repair shops and gas stations will often advertise specials on tune-ups in newspapers and coupon books.
Shopping for a tune-up:
* If you've lost your owner's manual, which typically specifies your car's maintenance schedule, you can usually find instructions for ordering a replacement at the manufacturer's web site.
* Check in this link your Ford-Ranger-Owners-Manual (page 256 and next).
I hope helps with this.
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | 1992 Ford Ranger
Jul 16, 2011 | 1994 Ford Ranger Supercab
Jun 11, 2011 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks
Oct 08, 2010 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks
Jan 17, 2010 | 1994 Ford Ranger Supercab
Sep 19, 2009 | 2005 Ford Ranger
May 22, 2009 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: