Question about 2004 Chevrolet Impala
My cd player did not work so I had a new system put in my 2004 impala.
Put my old radio in my sons 2004 chevy trailblazer and it is locked out. Any idea on how to get it unlocked or have the code?
Radios in the 2004 Impalas are tied to the vehicle's VIN through the computer, so it may be somewhat difficult to get the code. However, the following steps should work:
1. Press and hold the buttons for presets 1 & 4 (may be 2 & 3). The word "SEC" should show.
2. Press the "MIN" button. "000" should be displayed.
3. Press the "MIN" button again to have the second two numbers appear. Record these numbers.
4. Press the "HR" button for the first two numbers to appear. Record these numbers. -- Note: Your number sequence should be the numbers from the "HR" button followed by the numbers from the "MIN" button.
5. Call 1-800-537-5140. This will get you to the GM unlock code automated line. Ignore the prompt and enter "202108#". Next enter your code (remember, HR then MIN) followed by the * key. For example, 1234*. A 3 or 4 digit code will be given to you. If you get a code such as 0532, drop the zero when entering it into your radio.
6. Enter the code into the radio IAW the applicable manual.
Posted on May 30, 2008
You need a tech 2 scanner or equivalent tool to register the radio with the body control module. The radio looks for an ID # and if you have changed it it will lock. These scanners are around $2000.00 and therefor your best bet is the dealer or a competent service center. Dealer charges around $115.00. Good hunting.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
I can't imagine any reason it wouldn't work in another vehicle. If the manual suggests to return the radio to the dealer, I would assume there is some sort of special equipment needed to clear it to function again.
Posted on May 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 29, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jun 22, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jun 10, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 04, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Feb 18, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Nov 09, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Sep 04, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Dec 06, 2016 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
5,261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!