Question about 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It sounds to me that the reversing light has a bad bulb. If you have turn signals but no brake lights I would check the brake
light switch down by the brake peddle. When you press the peddle it
releases the switch to make connection. Check the fuses too...
Brake lights are not working - 4bc264e.pngttp://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/4bc264e.png" alt="4bc264e.png" class="h_mi" />
Could also be a bad ground or two popped bulbs. I have bought vehicles where I swear the previous owner didn't know how to change ANY light bulbs and just left them burned out.
This is the corrective method for your brake lights not working when your headlights are on(2000 Jeep Cherokee Laredo):
1) The cause of the problem is heat from the bulb.
2) Remove the light assembly as if you were going to change a bulb.
3) Turn the socket and remove it from the taillight assembly and set it aside(check to be sure your bulb is not burnt out).
4) Look at the opening, you will see 3 flat chrome colored contacts on the assembly. Notice the one by it self at the top of the opening, that is the "ground".
5) If you look closely you will notice the plastic around the ground contact has shrunk a little bit, this caused the contact to pull away from the socket, causing the problem.
6) With a small flat head screwdriver, VERY GENTLY pry up the contact so it stays slightly upward by itself.
7) Re-insert the bulb assembly back into the housing and press your brake petal with your lights on.
You should be in good to go; I hope helps.
Posted on Oct 05, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2015 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Nov 05, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2013 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jul 06, 2011 | 1993 Toyota Camry V6
Jun 24, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
May 06, 2010 | 2002 Ford Excursion
Aug 26, 2009 | 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Jul 26, 2009 | 1992 Chevrolet S-10
Nov 01, 2008 | 1994 Ford Thunderbird
Jul 21, 2008 | Ford Mustang Cars & Trucks
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: