Question about 1997 Pontiac Bonneville
I need to replace the passenger side out side mirror. any suggestions on how to remove the door panel
I replaced the passenger side mirror on my 1998 Bonneville.
(Thanks to VWmechanic for his helpful post re a 1997 Bonneville; my '98 was a little different.)
First, remove the door panel, as follows:
1. Remove hex-head screw under inside door handle.
2. Remove 10mm screw located under armrest hand grip (to get at it, pop off the piece that covers the tiny courtesy light)
3. Using a screwdriver, pry off the panel. It's held on by several plastic, pop-off fasteners.
4. Remove the plastic red lock slider under the door handle. It can be pried off the wire slider.
5. Lift up on the door panel to release the top edge. You now have access to the inside of the door.
6. To get at the two bolts holding the mirror to the sheet metal of the fender, remove the plastic shield just under the bolt location.
7. Remove/fasten the mirror bolts with a 10mm. I could reach the front bolt with an 8" socket extension, but had to use a 10mm open wrench on the back bolt.
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
Yes there is two bolts that are under your armrest that may be hidden by a little plug that pops out under those are the two screws remove them then remove the screw from the inside door release if you dont have p windows youll need a special tool to remove the window crank arm you will also need a door clip removal tool or a flat head screwdriver covered with a rag and gently pry awaythe door panel from the bottom once the clip lets go you can use the srewdriver to pry the rest away.hope this helps
Posted on May 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2009 | 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Jun 22, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Jun 11, 2009 | 2007 Toyota 4Runner
Mar 22, 2009 | 1998 GMC Safari
Mar 19, 2009 | 2007 Toyota RAV4
Feb 11, 2009 | 1999 Pontiac Bonneville
Feb 09, 2009 | 1997 Toyota Camry
Aug 26, 2008 | 2003 Pontiac Montana
Jun 21, 2014 | 1997 Pontiac Bonneville
649 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: